Nuriko has never been the sort of person to place too much stock into numbers, but even she has to admit twenty is a major milestone. She's young enough that frozen time has yet to make its mark deeply on her skin. Not old enough to consider wrinkles, not old enough that Rin's time to even risk skirting ahead. Just old enough that worries she'd pushed to the side all her life are easy enough to continue ignoring.
After dying once, she's loath to waste time she could spend smiling instead.
Urahara Kisuke had an interesting proposition. A body that would actually give her a second life, no different functionally than the one she originally had. It didn't take much convincing for her to sign the dotted line but only for a trial, a test run, to make sure there weren't hidden catches she had yet to consider.
She's wearing the new body today, curves filling out the folds of her dress, showing off bare shoulders as she tiptoes into the living room.
"Rin, are you ready?" she asks, coy as she peeks around the corner of the wall.
After dying once, she's loath to waste time she could spend smiling instead.
Urahara Kisuke had an interesting proposition. A body that would actually give her a second life, no different functionally than the one she originally had. It didn't take much convincing for her to sign the dotted line but only for a trial, a test run, to make sure there weren't hidden catches she had yet to consider.
She's wearing the new body today, curves filling out the folds of her dress, showing off bare shoulders as she tiptoes into the living room.
"Rin, are you ready?" she asks, coy as she peeks around the corner of the wall.
(no subject)
Date: 2014-04-15 04:16 am (UTC)He isn't sure he's prepared. Not because he isn't as excited for this as Nuriko, but because he is, honestly, a little terrified he'lkl react in some way that'll give her the wrong message. She's his first girlfriend. Their relationship isn't so bog standard. And Rin, he's not exactly totally well-socialized.
But he loves her to death.
"Yeah," he says, curling bare toes in the carpeting. "Yeah, come over and see me, I'm excited for you."
(no subject)
Date: 2014-04-15 04:34 am (UTC)Not just a lack of hesitation. A rush of confidence.
"Okay," she says, lips tight in a small smile, carefully stepping into the living room. She's barefoot, all the easier not to lose her balance with the way her body has changed. Still, she tries a spin on her feet, skirt of her dress fluttering up with the movement before she steps over in Rin's direction, holding out both hands.
"How is it?" asks Nuriko, keeping her gaze determinedly fixed on Rin's eyes. "Still me. Still Nuriko. Just... wearing the body I've wanted for years. Finally."
(no subject)
Date: 2014-04-15 04:44 am (UTC)Someone much-loved who he is impossibly proud of.
He tears his hands away from where they're curled in his shirt to hold them out toward her, for a hug, wrapping one around her shoulder. Still slim. Maybe a little softer. Maybe his imagination. It doesn't really matter, because what it is, is just more awareness. He hasn't felt so intensely aware of her body since the first time they'd done anything together.
"Does it feel right? You look good. You look like it feels right."
(no subject)
Date: 2014-04-15 04:14 pm (UTC)Nice, but overwhelming.
She puts on a smile for Rin, acutely aware of her heart beating in her chest, so quickly that it might as well be vibrating. No more space between them. With a small breath, Nuriko ducks and hides her face against the side of Rin's neck, her hands reaching up to hook around his shoulders.
"It looks good. It feels... a little like I'm not in my own body. I think I expected everything to click together perfectly, but now that I'm in the body, it feels like I'm shifting around, trying to slip myself in all of the corners. But it looks good, right? I need to know how you feel. About this."
(no subject)
Date: 2014-04-22 03:39 am (UTC)"You were beautiful before and you were beautiful now," Rin says, even if he realizes it;s a platitude. He doesn't feel bad about saying something that feels true, even if there isn't much thought behind it. But it's imprecise, too. While Rin doesn't typically bother with precision, especially not in his words, something about communicating his heart right now feels appropriate, important and necessary.
"But this is different. It's good. I'm really excited."
(no subject)
Date: 2014-04-24 05:27 pm (UTC)Driving forward towards another person's dreams has always felt more secure. Less fickle than her own fancies, fleeting little desires that crop up as she goes through her day. And so, the prospect of changing her body has been unnerving for more reasons than one, the threat of regret high and the impact on her loved ones unclear. She lets out a shaky breath of relief when Rin gives his assessment, even though the doubt had never been in him to begin with.
Her hands reach out for Rin's cheeks, spreading over his jaw as she surges up on her toes and kisses him, deeply, unrelentingly. "Good," she says with a strained smile, giggling as she presses her nose against his cheek. "Good, good. I mean, I know I'm beautiful, that's not a question. But you're excited. That's... what I wanted, I just wanted to make a decision that's right for me. And for us."
(no subject)
Date: 2014-04-27 07:02 am (UTC)He doesn't speak immediately, instead dropping his lips again to the side of her neck, near the drape of her hair, a spot that he likes almost more than any other. He rests there, calming himself down, before he finds the words he wants.
"I was worried you'd be upset I was too excited."
(no subject)
Date: 2014-04-28 06:35 pm (UTC)But it's a different fit now. More snug. Nuriko can't help but press her chest forward, a soft gasp falling from her lips in surprise, and her hand dropping to grasp Rin's hip tightly.
"I'm not upset. You love me no matter what my body's like; I know that. This is just how I pictured it in my mind. I want you to kiss me everywhere. Let me see if this lives up to my imagination," murmurs Nuriko, cupping the back of Rin's neck to keep him close.
(no subject)
Date: 2014-05-06 02:32 am (UTC)He hopes he can make that happen right now
Rin chases after her lips on his face with his own, until their mouths meet, and he can pull a kiss out of her, sweetly. It doesn't stay sweet for long, drifting quickly to her chin, and then to the long white column of her neck, where his teeth scrape before he moves on.
He covers her hand on his hip with his own, squeezing before threading their fingers together and skirting her palm around further, to the small of his back He places small kisses along the delicate skin over her shoulders, before burying his nose, unshy, in the space between her breasts. He breathes in the smell of her, soft clean and feminine, announcing his pleasure with a soft, inevitable groan.
(no subject)
Date: 2014-05-06 07:48 pm (UTC)"I always knew you were a breast man," teases Nuriko, though her breath is already short as she pushes his hips back, guiding them both towards the couch. Firmly, she presses down on his shoulders, until she has Rin seated on the cushions.
After years of waiting, Nuriko finds herself impatient, a smattering of pink dusting her cheeks. Kneeling over Rin's thighs, she reaches a hand down, playfully tracing Rin's inner thigh.
"We could... just like this, you know," she murmurs, fingers finding the top button of his shirt and slipping it free.
(no subject)
Date: 2014-05-13 07:35 pm (UTC)There's absolutely no reason to be anything but excited about the prospect of doing it a little differently.
He slides his arms across her front, feeling the softness of the shape of her sides, hands molding around gentle hips before dipping lower. He sneaks under her flowing skirt, hands exploring between her legs. He strokes a thumb against the fine fabric of her underwear, over new contours. It isn't an uncertain exploration, but it sets his cheeks flaming and he clears his throat.
"Yeah," he breathes, before adding, "It's up to you. I mean. If this is what you're comfortable with. I love you, you know?"
(no subject)
Date: 2014-05-16 03:53 pm (UTC)"I want to. I really... really want to," she murmurs, running the tip of her nose against Rin's neck, then along the underside of his jaw, until she's raised fully to press a kiss against his mouth. "That's not terrible of me, right?"
Her fingers rise to continue freeing Rin's shirt until she's able to push the fabric down over his shoulders, relishing the muscled contours under her palms.
"How many times do people get a chance to rediscover each other like this?"